Why We Collect Data
We collect information about visitors to our site through log files that track ordinary activity related to use of our site, through email interactions, and through forms voluntarily submitted to our site. This information may be used for the following purposes:
- facilitate the sign up and login process
- personalize and enrich your user experience
- analyze how visitors navigate our site
- manage and maintain optimal communications
- ensure smooth payment processes
- create an interactive and supportive community
- to maximize your educational experience
- other similar purposes as we see necessary
Information We Collect
When any person visits our website, we may collect non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available. This includes things such as your browser type, language preference, type of computer, etc. There may also be times we collect potentially personally-identifiable information like your IP address, such as when filling out a form, or when making a blog comment. These types of data are collected for the purpose of understanding how visitors use our website, to document visitor actions, and to provide support. It is normally only accessible to site administrators and third party services that use this information to perform their services.
We also use browser cookies to perform certain functions. A cookie is a small piece of data that is sent to your browser from a web server and stored on your computer's hard drive. A cookie cannot read data off your hard drive or read cookie files created by other sites. Cookies do not damage your system. Cookies allow us to recognize you as a user when you return to our website using the same computer and web browser.
We use our own cookies to remember that you are logged in and allow you to avoid logging in every time you come to our site. We may use third-party cookies so other third party services can operate as designed. This may include site analytics, or providing relevant promotional offers. Most browser software can be set to reject cookies. However, if you reject our cookies, certain functionality on the website may not work correctly or at all.
We may store additional personal data provided by visitors who choose to interact with FAST Missions. For example, if a visitor chooses to create an account and receive email updates, we'll ask for their email address. If they choose to make a purchase or become a support partner, we will ask for information such as name, address, and credit card information. Basic demographic information such as gender, country, age group, or religious affiliation, if provided, may be displayed on a user's profile page to foster community member interaction. In each case, FAST collects only the information that is necessary or appropriate to fulfill the purpose of the visitor's interaction with us.
Visitors can refuse to supply personal information, with the caveat that it may prevent them from engaging in certain activities on this website.
Unless explicitly stated otherwise when asked to submit data, you should not assume the information you share will not be made visible to other site users. We will strive to protect information that we judge as having a reasonable expectation of privacy, such as a street address, or credit card information, but we reserve the right to make that determination of reasonability. We will also do our best to communicate exactly who can see what information on each data input form.
Third Party Services
We never sell personal information to third party companies.
We do not share personal information with third parties services except as required for normal site functions such as email services, payment processing, marketing, site analytics, and member support. Third parties are only authorized to use personally identifying information as necessary to provide these services.
- Mailerlite: Email services.
- Siteground: Web hosting service.
- Simplify: Credit card processor.
- Paypal: Payment processor.
- Google: Site analytics.
- Facebook: Promotional announcements.
- AppSumo: Social sharing.
FAST Missions will retain user data as spelled out here unless otherwise requested by the customer.
- Aggregate data that does not contain personally identifiable information will be retained in logs.
- Member data is retained as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected.
- Inactive accounts are purged periodically. In these cases, some information about you will be retained such as comments you post (with your name), and minimal demographic information even after an account is deactivated.
- Member actions recorded in our internal logs, will be retained indefinitely for analysis purposes.
- Email subscriber information may be retained even after you choose to unsubscribe. Information connected to inactive emails is purged periodically.
Individuals located in certain countries, including the European Union, have certain legal rights in relation to their personal data. Subject to any exemptions provided by law, you may have the right to request access to information, as well as to update or delete this information. You can usually do this using your account settings provided inside your Member account. If you have any difficulty using these tools, contact us for additional assistance.
If you disagree with the changes made, you have the right to de-activate your account and cancel any membership. If you should wish for us to delete your personal data, contact us to request that.
To communicate with the data protection officer, email firstname.lastname@example.org. All questions about our specific use of data are welcome.