Click here to join our growing

Dashboard Tools
Study Guides
Free Classes
Church Training
And more...

Media Center

Recent | Series | All | Search

Title: The Bond of Perfectness
By: Dan Vis
Date: 2016-06-11
Description:   The Holy Spirit is the key to unity in the marriage--but in ways you may not expect. An eye opener every couple should hear!

Please use the media player below to listen to this sermon.

Posted by Gloria Bernard on 02/26/17
Dear Dan Vis, I have been listening to your message on the Bond of Perfectness.
You had mentioned doing what the other person wants instead of what we want. The problem with that, is that, I chose to not find other work, but instead I chose to retire. Time is running out fast, but my unbelieving husband wants me to work four more years, so I can get more on my Social Security benefits. If I wait that long, I will surely miss out on eternal life. Because I am so tired in the morning when working even a part time job, that I was falling asleep during my morning devotions. I fall asleep reading the Bible, you name it. No time, too tired. The devil is all about taking our time.
So, it has caused a bit of a problem here for the present, because it takes a few months for Social Security to kick in, so for now, I am dependent on my husband helping me. Which causes him fear, because he feels its going to be like this even when I am collecting. I am very frugal, and there is no way I can show him how responsible I am with money until he sees how it is when the checks begin to come in.

Posted by Fiona Van Wyk on 04/19/17
A message for you, @fast3god, from Gloria.

I shall keep you in prayer, Gloria. It is a challenging situation. But God knows this. I know He has a solution. Don't lose heart.
Sorry about the late answer - I only saw your comment when I came to listen to this sermon. If you tag Dan in the future, he will know that you have asked some questions. :-) I have tagged him for you.
God bless you both.

Posted by Fiona Van Wyk on 04/19/17
Oops, that was supposed to be Dan! :-)
Posted by Dan Vis on 04/19/17
Every situation is different Gloria. I'm sure the Lord will give you and your husband wisdom to come to some kind of agreement together.
Posted by Gloria Bernard on 04/22/17
Thank you both. The Lord is teaching me how to endure suffering, because my husband doesn't know Him yet. My husband for the first time in many years is saying sorry. God is able to keep my spirit under His control. I sometimes give way to impatience, but immediately repent and turn back. I am obedient to my husbands commands, only as the principles go along with Scripture.
My husband sees my willingness to obey, whereas before I understood God's way, I used anger and rebellion. God is good. :-)
Posted by Gloria Bernard on 04/22/17

Please login to leave a comment...