Bible School
START    CLASSES    TOOLS    MESSAGES
Want to put a handy shortcut on your phone (or tablet) that goes straight to FAST? Perhaps you would like several shortcuts on your device, each to different sections of our site? It's super easy. Here's how...

A phone showing several shortcuts

We frequently get asked whether or not FAST has an app for apple or android phones. And the answer is no, we've made a careful decision to not do that.

Why? Because there's a super easy way to add an icon to your phone's home screen that will give you complete access to our entire site. We've worked hard to make our mobile site as simple and useful as our desktop version. And we want you to have the latest of everything we offer.

So rather than going through your app store, give this approach a try instead:

Apple Phones:

1. Open the Safari browser on your phone and load our site (www.fastmissions.com). Go to whatever page you want to make instantly available. We recommend the home page.

2. Look for an icon at the bottom of the screen, that looks like an arrow pointing away from a box, and click it.

3. Several icons for sharing will pop up. Scroll up on that screen for more options and look for an "Add to Home Screen" option. Click that.

4. Your phone may suggest a name for the icon like "Home" or "Tools." Feel free to overwrite this with "FAST" or "FAST TOOLS" or whatever.

Here's a video showing how to do this on an ipad.

Here's a special note for Apple users, if your phone keeps logging you out each time you visit our site. For some reason Apple disables cookies for some site by default. Here's a quick google search showing you how to enable cookies. Once that's done, you should go straight in each time, no problem.

Android Phones

1. Launch the Chrome browser on your phone and load our site (www.fastmissions.com). Go to whatever page you want to make instantly available. We recommend the home page.

2. Look for an icon in the top right corner that looks like three dots, and click it.

3. Several options pop up, including one called "Add to Home Screen". Choose that.

Here's a video showing how to do this on android.

Once your icon is created, you can move it around and use it just like any other icon. Just use the normal method for doing that based on your operating system. And be sure to put the FAST icon somewhere you can access easily!

Once you have got the hang of it you can create additional icons to different sections of our site: the memory engine, or your verse pack, the study area, your training center, or whatever. Add as many or as few icons as you want!

That's all there is to it...

Comments

So what do you think? Is this a good alternative to an app? What sections or pages have you created a shortcut for? Did you have any trouble doing that? How important is it to have access to our whole site on your phone?

Can you help by sharing this article with a friend?
Use this link: http://fast.st/105/
Posted by Laurie Wissink on 01/22/24 - Coach
I'm glad you found this easy to use Carlos.
Posted by Carlos McFarlane on 01/20/24
Fast and easy. Great tool.
Posted by Dan Vis on 07/24/23 - Coach
Valerie, you can also put links to specific classes you are taking or whatever. And then just delete them when that class is done. :)

Glad it was helpful and easy to do!
Posted by Valerie Wise Burrell on 07/23/23 - Coach
This is very helpful because I need a ready go-to reference for time management and memorization. Thanks!
Posted by Dan Vis on 06/15/23 - Coach
You can put any of our tools or classes on your phone in this way. Super easy. :) Glad this worked for you Johnté...
Posted by Johnté Whyte on 06/10/23
Wow this was very helpful. I excited to do my reviews from my phone.
Posted by Dan Vis on 04/13/23 - Coach
Great glad this worked for you Jane. Note you can put any specific page you want on your phone this way. Even multiple pages. I have a couple on my phone. You can edit the name of the icon so you know where each one goes.
Posted by Jane on 04/12/23
I learned something new - thanks! Love it. Easier to do than I thought. And now the website is literally at my fingertips.
Posted by Dan Vis on 04/04/23 - Coach
It's pretty easy once you get the hang of it Carla. Note you can create multiple links, including direct links to various tools. Very cool.
Posted by Carla Phillips on 03/31/23
I'm going to try it
Posted by Dan Vis on 10/03/22 - Coach
Barbara, try googling "how to add a web icon to your iphone" based on your version. On mine, I open safari, scroll down a bit then back up to open the menu at the bottom and click the middle button. Looks like a box with an up arrow. Tap that then scroll up on that menu until you see Add to Home Screen. Tap that and you are home free! :)
Posted by Barbara Salinas on 10/03/22
I cannot get it on my iPhone . Please help me. Thank you
Posted by Dan Vis on 09/11/22 - Coach
It's pretty easy to move icons around Diane. I'm sure your son can help you out!

You do have to put some on the second page, if the first page is full. You'll just need to figure out which ones you want to prioritize! Or, if you want, you can create a separate page for FAST and put links to multiple sections of our site on it. Or create a folder and put all your FAST links there. Lot's of options.

Technology can be challenging sometimes! It can be a struggle to play catch up... :)
Posted by Diane Babcock on 09/10/22
I like the idea but I have to make more room on my phone! I'm not real computer literate! I have room on my side card! I'll have to get my son to help me! I'm an old lady! 😊🙏
Posted by Dan Vis on 07/31/22 - Coach
This is not a cookie Mayme, it just creates a shortcut to our site you can click to get here in one tap. But I should note, if you block cookies here on FAST you will have to login every time you come. Cookies can be abused I'm sure, but here they are only used to make things easier for you.
Posted by Mayme K on 07/30/22
I block all cookies on my phone
Posted by Dan Vis on 07/14/22 - Coach
Yes Francina, it's a bit of a trade off--between being able to access everything, anywhere on any device, and having a small dedicated app that worked offline on just one device. We decided to go with the more accessibility.
Posted by Francina Botha on 07/14/22
The only downfall is that you cannot access the website if you do not have internet which is the case for me when I am sailing. Would have been nice to continue reviewing my versus whilst outside of cellphone cover
Posted by Dan Vis on 05/18/22 - Coach
That's awesome Rebecca. Remember you can create more than one link to different sections of our site as desired. :)
Posted by Rebecca on 05/18/22
Easy to do!! I like it!
Posted by Dan Vis on 05/05/22 - Coach
Sorry, not clear what you meant by that Joseph. You do have to have an internet connection to access our site. If you hare having trouble with creating a shortcut, there are probably lots of youtube videos that give instructions for your specific device. The videos above may not be 100% current. For instance, on iphone, the icon is now on the bottom of the screen rather than the top I think...
Posted by Joseph on 05/05/22
not connected
Posted by Dan Vis on 04/11/22 - Coach
Thanks Felita! Glad this worked out for you. :)
Posted by Felita on 04/11/22
Great alternative.
Posted by Dan Vis on 11/23/21 - Coach
Please explain what problem you had Joshua Lee Necessary, and what kind of device you are using. On my iphone it was super simple. Click the box with the up arrow down at the bottom of the browser and then scroll things up a bit to view all the options. From there it's just one click to Add to Home Screen. :)
Posted by Joshua Lee Necessary on 11/23/21
Lord's willing it is. Not able to. Yes. I would say very important.
Posted by Dan Vis on 11/22/21 - Coach
It's usually just a click or two, and there's probably more than one way to do it. If you have updated instructions be sure to let me know. We can update things. It's possible the ipad is different from the iphone. Or it may depend what browser you are using.

But glad you got it working! Definitely a time saver. :)
Posted by Diane Richards on 11/22/21
I got my IT son to help me. It’s a totally different process than what is on that older video. And it’s easy to do.
Posted by Dan Vis on 11/21/21 - Coach
I'm sure it has an icon on your safari browser Diane. I know it works on my iphone. If the video above wasn't clear enough, try googling a more recent one. Try something like "how to add a web shortcut to my homescreen" or something like that.

Learning how to establish shortcuts like this means you can get to any section of our site you wish (or use a lot) in just one tap. Pretty cool! :)
Posted by Diane Richards on 11/20/21
I have an iPad, and I can’t put add icon.
Posted by Dan Vis on 11/08/21 - Coach
Great job Michelle! You can make these little shortcuts for any page on our site--or any other site for that matter. Super convenient!
Posted by Michelle on 11/06/21
Awesome!I was able to add this to my phone , thank you for the instructions.
Posted by Dan Vis on 07/12/21 - Coach
You are very welcome Margaret. Definitely makes things easier, doesn't it? I just switched to an iphone myself so I could help debug things. Hopefully I'll be able to provide a little better support for IOS users in the future as a result.
Posted by Margaret Ann Major on 07/11/21
This is great! Thank you so much. That icon is now on my iPhone so I can access it anywhere, anytime when I have spare time. Most useful. Wishing you much of God's blessing.

Posted by Dan Vis on 04/26/21 - Coach
Great job Wayne! Note--when I finalize this featured (probably an engine setting and a timer=true/false or timer=on/off) you may need to reset your shortcut. So don't forget how you did it!
Posted by Wayne Senner on 04/26/21
I finally got it to work thanks.
Posted by Dan Vis on 04/25/21 - Coach
Not sure what is going on exactly Wayne, but you do have to have the right url (with the timer code added) before making the shortcut.

I'm planning to make this a configurable option right in the engine settings--and may change the string to &timer=true/false so a user can override their default settings. So it may not even be necessary once we get that change in place. Still just waiting a bit for feedback from the community...
Posted by Wayne Senner on 04/24/21
While I can make a shortcut to the daily review it never includes the timer.
Thanks
Wayne
Posted by Dan Vis on 03/10/21 - Coach
No problem Julie. Glad it worked for you! It's much easier than having to find and download a bunch of apps, isn't it? :)
Posted by Julie Smith on 03/09/21
Wow! That's AWESOME! Thank you for your explicit instructions!
Posted by Dan Vis on 03/08/21 - Coach
Glad you were able to figure it out Debbie. Works great for any of the tools on our site. And like you said, you can use it on other sites too! :)
Posted by Debbie on 03/08/21
Super easy to do because of exact instructions (at least for Android)! Great to know this for other things too - thanks!
Posted by Dan Vis on 02/03/21 - Coach
Great job Denise! Glad you were able to get it figured out. :) Remember you can create shortcuts to any pages you like.
Posted by Denise Brown on 02/02/21
Thank you, Dan. I googled it and have done it successfully.
Posted by Dan Vis on 01/31/21 - Coach
Denise, it might be at the top of the page, I'm not sure. You can google "how to add a shortcut to an iphone 6" or something and it will probably show you exactly how to do it.
Posted by Denise Brown on 01/31/21
I have an Apple 6 iPhone and I cannot see an icon at the bottom.
Posted by Dan Vis on 01/27/21 - Coach
Foo, I'd recommend creating a shortcut to the Verse Pack in our tools area (rather than the home page) and start putting verses there you want to memorize. Our Crash Course gives you a few tips on how to memorize--but you are free to choose any verses you like. We do have several resources like our Bible Boosts and Memory Club which can suggest verses to memorize, and some of our classes (like the Survival Kit) have assigned verses--but mostly we encourage people to memorize verses that truly speak to them individually.
Posted by Janie Foo on 01/27/21
I have just created the home icon. But I still don't know from which part of yr programme or where I can actually start learning the verses.
Posted by Dan Vis on 11/23/20 - Coach
Great, glad it worked for you Becky. Remember you can put multiple links on your phone, including links to any tool or page you frequent.

As for your verse pack, I think 8-10 verses is about max. Any more than that and your pre-memorizing starts to become more timely and less efficient. I don't know there's a hard rule however. Good question!
Posted by Becky Friberg on 11/22/20
Dan Question for you...how many verses do you recommend to have in the verse pack?
Posted by Becky Friberg on 11/22/20
Finally did this!!! Super easy.
Posted by Dan Vis on 11/04/20 - Coach
Reach out if you have trouble Stella. Or watch the video above depending on your phone type. It's way easier to do than to explain! :)
Posted by Stella on 11/03/20
A little complicated for me, but I’ll ask my daughter Kelly to give me a hand since she is in this program for a long time.
Blessings
Posted by Dan Vis on 11/02/20 - Coach
Great job Mary Alice! Once you get the hang of it, it's not too hard. :)
Posted by Mary Alice Holz on 11/01/20
Well, I'm not sure how, and it took about 5 tries, but suddenly the icon is there!! k LOL (I'm sure it's me. I'm not very techy.) Thanks, Dan.
Posted by Dan Vis on 10/29/20 - Coach
Great job Joan. Remember you can create multiple links to different pages if there are sections you like to use a lot. :)
Posted by Joan Robinson on 10/28/20
I have created a shortcut of the app on my phone.
Posted by Dan Vis on 09/14/20 - Coach
That's great LINDAH! Remember you can put a shortcut to any section of the FAST site you like. You can even create multiple shortcuts and put them all on a screen, or inside a folder. Whatever you need!
Posted by LINDAH OCHIENG on 09/13/20
Succeeded on putting FAST on my screen. Hope it be a blessing.
Posted by Dan Vis on 06/14/20 - Coach
That's awesome Beverley. Glad it was easy for you. Remember, you can create separate links to different sections: like one to your verse pack and another to your daily review, etc. I have about 6 links on my phone!
Posted by Beverley on 06/12/20
That was GREAT! I'm really impressed and happy to have quick access to FAST in order to view the verses I am memorizing. Welcome to the 21st century! Technology has its benefits.
Posted by Dan Vis on 05/27/20 - Coach
So glad you finally joined us Nan! Some things are harder to figure out than others, but you can always reach out if you have a question about anything!
Posted by Nan Rice on 05/24/20
I just completed putting FAST on my phone. It is great. Why did I hesitate when I first joined. I have to keep my head in the 21st century.

Thanks for the info.
Posted by Dan Vis on 04/30/20 - Coach
Definitely makes it easy Frances, I have one of my screens partly dedicated to FAST with about 6 icons to different sections I use all the time. Sure saves time!
Posted by Frances E. Jamison on 04/30/20
I love having the Icon on my phone that way where ever I am I can open up Fast and study.
Posted by Dan Vis on 04/18/20 - Coach
Glad that worked for you sylvia. Definitely comes in handy to have some shortcuts on your phone. :)
Posted by sylvia on 04/18/20
Why not! :). An icon is an icon and as long as we can use everything, its great! Praise the Lord! I use that option often.
Sylvia
Posted by Dan Vis on 04/13/20 - Coach
Wow! Thanks Margaret. Appreciate you sharing. We're happy to put any version up that we can get permission to use! Unfortunately most of the modern versions are copyrighted and not accessible to us.
Posted by Margaret Ann Major on 04/13/20
Dan Yes indeed I have posted it to Twitter and to my Avondale Memorial Church group Facebook page. I am excited about FASTMissions and all you have to offer on this site. Younger people may prefer other versions than the KJV but you give that option. I pray everyone will send this to their own home churches FB pages.
Posted by Dan Vis on 04/13/20 - Coach
Thanks Margaret! Glad to know these changes are making things better for you. And hopefully for everyone! :)
Posted by Margaret Ann Major on 04/13/20
That is really great thank you Pastor Dan and the team. And thank you ever so much for the wonderful new additions. Love the 'Search' feature and the new 'Verse Pack' feature. Keep up the great work with technology skills to this site. Really good. Blessings.
Posted by Dan Vis on 04/06/20 - Coach
That's great Joan! Glad you got it working. Remember on mobile you can click the FAST icon up at the top of any page and get to our main resource page, which allows you to get to any other part of our site in just a click or two.
Posted by Joan Robinson on 04/05/20
Very straightforward to follow the steps for my Android software, I don't like adding apps - takes up too much space capacity on the phone.   Yes, good alternative to an app - can continue where you left off. No trouble, at all, only where to find the icon(s). So had to watch the video for guidance - which I found very helpful.
I think its good to have minimal access of the site on my phone at a time so that I can keep focussed.
Posted by Dan Vis on 04/02/20 - Coach
You are very welcome Patricia. Now you can do this for any section of our site you lke, or any other site for that matter!
Posted by Patricia K. Rogers on 04/02/20
It was easy. Thank you Dan and the team!
Posted by Dan Vis on 03/28/20 - Coach
Great! Glad it worked for you Vivienne. Remember, if you want to create shortcuts to several different sections of our site, you can put them all on a separate screen or inside a folder. All the best!
Posted by Vivienne Fowler on 03/28/20
Thanks Dan, yes it's a great idea!
Posted by Dan Vis on 03/10/20 - Coach
If you have an iphone, you may need to enable cookies for the FAST site. For some reason Apple turns that off by default--requiring you to login each time. Here's a quick google search on how to do that: Enabling Cookies.

Also, if you have trouble adding a shortcut to the home page on your device, it may be your device considers our site untrusted. Here's how to fix that: Untrusted Shortcuts. I don't think this normally happens, but just in case...
Posted by Dan Vis on 02/14/20 - Coach
You can do this for any page on our site Christine, or for that matter, any webpage on any website. Very handy little trick every one with a smart phone should know! :)

For that matter, you could create a folder on your phone and put several FAST pages in that folder so you have instant access to any section you frequently use. Pretty handy indeed!
Posted by Christine Wigglesworth on 02/14/20
Easy to follow instructions. This is a great alternative to an app! It is so handy for daily use to have this shortcut!
Posted by Dan Vis on 01/27/20 - Coach
Hi Mario . Did you watch the videos? And can you tell me what kind of phone you have? There's a link to a video for both Android and IOS in the reading above. That will probably show you better exactly how to do it.

Or just do a google search on how to add a shortcut to your particular type of phone. It's just a click or two... If you still have trouble, let me know which of the the three steps you had trouble with. Once you get the hang of it, you can create all the shortcuts you want!
Posted by Mario Juson on 01/26/20
I was not able to do it. I need help. Thanks. God bless!
Posted by Dan Vis on 12/08/19 - Coach
Glad it works for you Bukola Adebayo ! :)
Posted by Bukola Adebayo on 12/07/19
Posted by Dan Vis on 11/20/19 - Coach
Great job Marsha!
Posted by Marsha Higgins on 11/20/19
Posted by Dan Vis on 09/30/19 - Coach
Actually Rick, IOS does not allow apps that are simply a link to a mobile version of the site. And I'm not sure Google would approve something like that either. And trying to recreate all the resources on our website natively in multiple platforms is not really practical.

On the flip side, once you learn how to create a mobile shortcut like this you can add a link to any section or tool on our site, and any other site for that matter. It's definitely worth learning how to do. And once you get the hang of it, it's super easy! It's just the first time... :)

Thanks for giving the engine a try. I hope you find it helpful!
Posted by Rick on 09/30/19
An app would still be easier. I have to keep this webpage open on my phone in order to access it/find it. Am contemplating putting the verses on a card, as it might work to trigger it in my memory better. But I do like something that tracks my progress, so will use this as well. Thanks for the suggestion, workaround option.
Posted by Dan Vis on 09/18/19 - Coach
Thanks Paul, definitely appreciate your kind words! It is an exciting to be a part of God's final work here on planet earth!
Posted by Paul Roell on 09/18/19
With all the many ways to keep Scripture with us wherever we go, I have found no good reason why we, as Christians and Disciples, should not have a litany of verses memorized. I'm so grateful to have this tool available anywhere I can connect to the internet (which is basically EVERYwhere). God led me to this site for a reason, and I'm committed to take full advantage of it. Thanks be to God, and thank you, Dan and the entire FAST Missions Crew! Thanks, also, to all that share their testimonies and thoughts so we may all benefit from them!
Posted by Dan Vis on 08/20/19 - Coach
Great job Jo! Glad you found this page.
Posted by Jo Zumbluskas on 08/20/19
Thank you! I got the link this time. Everything went fine!
Posted by Dan Vis on 05/01/19 - Coach
Give it a try Claudette! If it doesn't work right you can easily delete the shortcut. Just give a long press on the icon, and then slide it into the trach can.

Chrome is just the name of the browser Karen. The icon looks like a circle with red, green, and yellow around the outside and a blue dot in the middle. If you have an apple phone, you'll want to look for the safari icon. Basically, it's whatever you use to view a web page on the internet.

Sorry I missed your posts, ladies. :)
Posted by Karen on 04/07/19
No, it didn't. I cannot find the chrome browser on my phone. Of course, I am electronically challenged....
Posted by Claudette Haynes on 04/02/19
I’m a little hesitant, but I think it will work.
Posted by Dan Vis on 04/01/19 - Coach
Yes Lydia, both IOS and Android have made this super easy. :) Much better than us creating a limited app with only a small set of features. Glad you got it working!
Posted by Lydia Gilbert-McClain on 04/01/19
Thanks Dan, this worked easily. (I'm using an android device)
Posted by Dan Vis on 03/29/19 - Coach
Super glad to hear Julie!
Posted by Julie on 03/18/19
yes, this worked great thank you
Posted by Dan Vis on 02/17/19 - Coach
Great job Gatha!
Posted by Gatha Neidigh on 02/17/19
all installed on my phone, Thanks Gatha
Posted by Melinda Peitz on 02/04/19
Yes already installed on my iphone
Posted by Dan Vis on 01/29/19 - Coach
Great job Barbara! Remember you can create multiple shortcuts to different sections of the site you use often.
Posted by Barbara E. LaRose on 01/29/19
Love having it on my phone!!
Posted by Dan Vis on 01/08/19 - Coach
Great job Lillian!
Posted by Lillian E. Cepeda on 01/03/19
Yes, it did. Happy to have it on my phone.
Thank you.
Posted by Dan Vis on 01/01/19 - Coach
Great! Glad it worked for you Dawn. Makes a difference. Remember you can create different icons to different sections of the site if there are a few you places you go often. :)
Posted by Dawn Caesar on 01/01/19
Yes it was easy, thanks
Posted by Dan Vis on 12/30/18 - Coach
It is pretty handy, isn't it Charles Sumner. You can do this for any site you like. Actually apple doesn't allow apps that are essentially a link to a site. And it makes sense given how easy this is. :) Glad it worked for you...
Posted by Charles Sumner on 12/29/18
I thought that I was a knowledgeable user but this method taught me something I didn't use. Thanks for the info.
Posted by Diane Castanon on 12/20/18 - Coach
You are kind Dan. ☺️
Posted by Dan Vis on 12/19/18 - Coach
Rick, yes--you are just adding a shortcut (an icon) to your phone's home page. Shouldn't affect anything on the FAST site. :)

Here's another link that explains how to do it. They had really good pictures. Here's one of the Apple shortcut icon:

Android is different of course, but it seems to be the IOS folks having the most trouble. See image above Mario .

Oh, and one other BIG thing. Make sure you are on the exact page you want to bookmark before creating the bookmark. In fact, you can have multiple bookmarks for different sections of the site as needed. Definitely one for the home page of course...

Things are always changing and we always have different versions among us, so we'll just keep updating this page as needed.

Thanks Diane for the detailed instructions! Definitely better than mine!
Posted by Diane Castanon on 12/19/18 - Coach
Hi Mario and @X12791! If the video link above helped, then great! If not, here is a breakdown that might help (I hope it doesn’t confuse you all the more).
1. When you open FAST in Safari, scroll down until a white bar appears at the bottom of your iPhone screen.
2. On this bar, you’ll see a left arrow (<) and a right arrow (>). In the middle of that white bar, you’ll see a box with an arrow pointing upward (the stem of the arrow is in the box attaching to the top of the arrow). Click on that.
3. Another screen will pop-up. On the bottom of that pop-up screen, scroll left to access icons to the right.
4. Click on the “Add to Home Screen” icon button that shows a white “+” sign inside a black box (has tapered corners) that is surrounded by a white border (also has tapered corners).
5. Another screen will pop-up. Type in “FAST,” or “Memorize,” or whatever you desire, at the blinking cursor,
6. Then click “Add” in the upper right corner of that screen.
(Note: The word “Add” will not appear until you type something. Whatever you type will appear on your iPhone’s home screen, under the FAST icon.)

The photo of you and your wife, Rick, shouldn’t disappear, as you are adding an icon to your home screen.
Posted by Rick on 11/24/18
I’m with Mario on this one…. Loaded the website as you suggested…. There’s no arrow at the bottom…. (Have an iPhone). Directions didn’t work for me either. Still struggling with getting around this website. I’ve even put in texts to memorize…. Reviewed them, but it only shows I have 1 text reviewed…. I grew up, from high school, with computers. I’m getting to be an old man…. But, it appears I need some young 5 year old to show me around this website…! Still struggling with the intuitive design of this website. Please, in as few, sussinct words, how do we get the link. (Also, will it wipe out the picture on my home page? - it’s a picture of my wife & I & I don’t want to lose that picture if possible.)
Posted by Dan Vis on 11/09/18 - Coach
It's not on the website, it's on your phone itself Mario . Notice the links to the videos above (depending on your phone type). A picture is better than a thousand words, and a video even better--at least for some things. :)
Posted by Mario Juson on 11/08/18
I can’t see the icon like an arrow at the bottom of the screen? Thanks!
Posted by Reno on 11/07/18
Great to have access on my phone.
Posted by Patricia Jones on 11/07/18
That works and was simple to do. I won't be using it when I'm not near wifi so I don't use up my limited data, but if I want to use my phone and I'm near wifi it will work well.
Posted by Janie Unruh on 11/01/18
I'm excited that I've learned 4 bible verses already just by going through the crash course....and I thought I couldn't do it. How fun!
Posted by Tricia Mashburn on 11/01/18
It’s perfect and easy!!!
Posted by Goletha Smith on 11/01/18
Yes this approach worked really well compared to an app! I have a hard time with apps, to remember my password each time to download an app as I rarely add apps! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!
Posted by Connie on 10/31/18
Dan Vis,

Yes, Already put the ikon on my phone few days ago. It works perfectly. Thanks!
Posted by Dan Vis on 10/31/18 - Coach
You are more than welcome Connie . Let us know if you have any trouble putting an icon on your phone. :)

PS. Make sure you are on the page you want to start out on before creating the icon as described above.
Posted by Connie on 10/31/18
I’m so glad to have found this site. It’s about time for me to really focus on memorizing the word of God. Thanks for making this program available to help people like me, to store the armor of God in our hearts so that we are prepared for the battle anytime anywhere, where none can take it away from us.
Posted by Dan Vis on 09/05/18 - Coach
Glad to hear Kenneth. Makes using FAST a lot easier to put it on your phone like this! :)
Posted by Kenneth Ine on 09/05/18
Yes Dan it worked, thanks and Gd bless you
Posted by Monicah on 03/21/18
Found it!! Thank you.
Posted by Dan Vis on 11/11/17 - Coach
Warren, try looking for a video on youtube about how to add url shortcuts to your iphone. It's very easy. Just set one up for someone the other day and it worked very easily.

Glad you got it working Nathaniel, Narelle, Valerie. It is nice having it everywhere at just a click or two away, isn't it?
Posted by Valerie Wise Burrell on 11/11/17 - Coach
Dan Vis,
I now have FAST on my Android and my Apple phones. I use the Note for business only and iPhone for personal but love having FAST on both. I need to have the Word in my heart wherever I am and whenever I can.
Posted by Nathaniel C Nwazue on 11/01/17
It was certainly easy to get FAST on my android phone. I like it because my phone goes everywhere with me.
Posted by Narelle Dorrington on 10/30/17
It works
Posted by Warren Creed on 10/22/17
I tried following the directions to add to my iPhone but to no avail. Anyone else have problems adding it tot he iPhone?

Warren
Posted by Dan Vis on 10/11/17 - Coach
Hi Qing! Detail is always helpful. Let's me see exactly what is happen and try to find fixes.

First, the autologin definitely seems to be working. Just tried it again and checked the code carefully. But it only stores your login credentials for 2 weeks. So if you logout or haven't used your phone in awhile (or you have cookies disabled) it will forget you. Try it again and see if it doesn't work (use the first link above).

Second, I made another slight change which should help quite a bit. Now, when on a mobile device and you manually login, it takes you to the mobile home page rather than the desktop news page. That's the one with the 4 dashboard icons and the 6-7 main buttons.

Third, I also changed the desktop start page to forward to the mobile start page so you should never see the page you mentioned in method 2. Not sure why you saw that either unless you specifically saved an icon to fastmissions.com/welcome.

Anyway now you should be able to get to your review in just 2 steps now (3 if you logout). Go to fastmissions.com/mobile (phone shortcut), login if needed, then click the Engine icon. Tell me if this isn't so...
Posted by Qing Ling on 10/10/17 - Coach
Thanks for clarifying Dan
I think I must have different mobile settings to you. I saved www.fastmissions.com/mobile to my home screen.this takes me to the mobile layout of the FAST page. (Tap 1)
I am not logged on automatically like you for some reason. So I click on the login button underneath the other two options (tap 2).
Then I get to the login page which has my user and password prefilled (that's automatic), so I click login to submit the prefilled password (Tap 3). Then I'm taken to latest news FAST homepage. I scroll down to bottom, click the Engine (tap 4). Then click review to start my daily review (tap 5).

The other method I use is to click directly on shortcut link on home screen to daily review (tap 1)
Get taken to FAST desktop site which has the big climb higher word (it doesn't adjust to my mobile screen size by the way). Click login (tap 2). Get to page with prefilled user and password, click on login to submit (tap 3). Get to latest news homepage.Tap out (4) to my homescreen again. Tap (5) on my daily review shortcut link again. Get taken to the daily review page. Tap (6) on the review button and start my daily review :)

It's amusing to really see how many taps both methods requires now that I've actually typed it all out.

So what do you think? Am I missing something here? I will be smacking myself on the forehead if all this while I could have been just doing two taps to get into daily review 😱 😁
Posted by Dan Vis on 10/08/17 - Coach
Arthur, sorry I missed this post till now. But we did implement Ransom's suggestion. If your phone link goes to the mobile site and you are logged in you should see a direct link to all four Dashboard tools and a button that goes to the Verse Pack. There are also buttons to the other main tabs on the Desktop version and the Help Hotline. So everything is right there.

Just make sure you type this into your mobile phone: https://www.fastmissions.com/mobile and save that page as a link in your phone using the suggestions above.

Jessie, the only thing you need is internet access, whether it is wifi or data. See if you can get someone to show you how to save a link to the site on the phone.

Shama, you are right. That is the problem with cloud based systems. I'd recommend printing out and bringing verse cards with you on trips like that. The old verse pack is tried and true. At some point we would like a dedicated app that could work offline--but that adds a significant level of complexity. I'm not sure if or when we will do that.

Qing, I'm curious how you have your phone set up. I just tried it on my phone and it was one click (the icon) to get me to the mobile home page--where I was automatically logged in. And then a second click (engine icon) to get to my daily review. If that's not happening for you something is not right.

I do appreciate the advantages of offline access--but I simply don't have the ability to do that, and I'm still not convinced about the pro's con's (another discussion). But for me, I have unlimited data on my phone and am rarely without a signal. That may not be true for everyone in some parts of the world, but we are definitely heading that direction. So looking forward, that's the future I'm planning for.

Funny to be having this discussion though. I was going through stuff as we were packing for our move and saw some old cd's that had an offline version of the engine. Basically it was a copy of the online engine you installed on your personal computer. It had some limitations but it worked ok. Didn't have access to anything else on our site, but it did work offline on a computer...
Posted by Jessie Butterfield on 10/07/17
Qing I was not able to get the verse pack on my phone. However I can access the fast website on my phone. I use that instead. Thank you for checking in with me. I hope you have a blessed day.
Posted by Qing Ling on 10/07/17 - Coach
Dan I like apps because they have big fat buttons that r easy for my fingers to find. Having an app also means data can be stored easily on mobile device for later reading, etc. And not re-downloading data that's been viewed before. Though data plans are getting cheaper nowadays. And most of all, for Memory Engine use, it means not having to make those extra 6 taps (I seriously counted each one) to login and get into the Engine page to do my daily review. 😀 having said all that, totally trust your judgement on this one.
Also, I know you've addressed this in previous posts but is it still true there's no way to work around the 2hr boot out thing so we can just stay logged in to FAST all the time or at least for maybe 8hrs ? Another common feature of apps - no need to hit 'login' every time one wants to open a page throughout the day.
Posted by Qing Ling on 10/07/17 - Coach
Shama what I have done to work around this constant need to have wifi is to generate my full memorized verses list with FAST "First Letters" tool. Save it as a pdf file in my phone, and read through it that way without needing internet/logging into FAST :)
Posted by Qing Ling on 10/07/17 - Coach
Jessie how did you go? Were you able to find a way to get the verse pack link on your phone?
Posted by Qing Ling on 10/07/17 - Coach
Arthur I have multiple FAST bookmarks/shortcuts on my home screen as suggested by Ransom. E.g. daily review, online bible,etc. In fact regarding getting the current verses from verse pack to be viewed on home screen, I manage to do this on my android phone by pasting the verses into a note app and placing the note app widget on one of my mobile screens. Apple doesn't have this function. An even simpler solution is to screenshot verse pack screen of verses and save it as phone background.
Posted by Shama Beltz on 09/23/17
It works well from my phone, the only problem I have with this method is that it won't work if I don't have cell service or wifi, like if I were to be backpacking or in another country.
Posted by Jessie Butterfield on 05/21/17
I can't get it on my iPhone. I thought it might have something to do with the fact that I have to use voiceover on my iPhone to access it, but when I read other people's comments I realized I wasn't the only one having a hard time. Should I wait for someone who can see to come over to my apartment and help me?
Posted by Joyce Augustinis on 04/23/17
Perfect! I got it on there!
Posted by Arthur Martens on 04/23/17
Love the improvements. And echo The suggestions from Ransom Davis post. Do you think that could be arranged?
Posted by Dan Vis on 03/09/17 - Coach
Kjersti, here's a link to the same instructions with lots of pictures. Maybe this will help.
Posted by Kjersti Holtedahl on 03/08/17
It is no yellow or square on fast page on my mobil.
Posted by Dan Vis on 03/06/17 - Coach
Yes Amy. Either wifi or data.

Vicky, do you have a suggestion where to put it? I've put it multiple places where I thought people might see it, but still getting a lot of questions too. Hard to guess where people would look.

Ha! I have an idea. How about putting in the Help Hotline area!
Posted by Amy on 03/06/17
Dan , you still have to have access to internet to use this feature, correct?
Posted by PAULINE WHYTE on 03/04/17
Great, thanks
Posted by Vicky Lewis on 03/03/17
I've had a member ask about an app for the iphones. It took a along time to find this comment where you explain it. Do you think this info could be put someplace where it could be more easily found? Thanks!
Posted by Dan Vis on 03/02/17 - Coach
Glad it was helpful, Geraldine!
Posted by Geraldine Yaze on 03/02/17
Brilliant!Thanks so much
Posted by Dan Vis on 03/02/17 - Coach
Kjersti, see my comment to Marc just above yours.
Posted by Kjersti Holtedahl on 03/02/17
On my iphone I can't find the ikon.
Posted by Dan Vis on 03/01/17 - Coach
Marc, did you follow the instructions I gave you? It might look like a generic yellow square with an F in the middle or something. Not sure.
Posted by Colette Guthrie on 03/01/17 - Coach
Works for me too Dan Vis.
Posted by Jenny Lingerfelt on 03/01/17
That's super! Thanks so much!!
Posted by FRANK SCHOLTZ on 03/01/17
I found it on my android phone, thanks Dan
Posted by Marc on 02/28/17
I can't find an icon on my iphone.
Posted by Dan Vis on 01/04/17 - Coach
Worked perfect Musa Sibisi. Can't remember if it works to tag yourself, but possibly. :) But definitely got both tags from you loud and clear in my inbox!
Posted by Musa Sibisi on 01/04/17
Posted by Musa Sibisi on 01/04/17
Wow I made it!!! Great. Let do mine Musa Sibisi
Posted by Musa Sibisi on 01/04/17
Let me try Dan
Posted by Dan Vis on 01/04/17 - Coach
Musa Sibisi, if you long press the link to their name on your phone, the url to their page will pop up. The last part after the "id=" is their Member ID. Memorize it and cancel the pop up. Then type @ + the Member ID. My id is fast4god. So to tag me you just type @ + fast4god (without the + and no spaces).
Posted by Musa Sibisi on 01/04/17
Mobile site has improved so much! It is user friendly. I have no complaints, thanks pastor. All I need to master now is tagging people but I have no stress. Will learn soon.
Posted by Dan Vis on 01/04/17 - Coach
Great to hear Musa Sibisi! Let me know if you can think of ways to improve our mobile site. I almost always use my desktop computer, so don't notice things on the mobile site unless people tell me. But we're committed to making the mobile site the best it can be. :)
Posted by Musa Sibisi on 01/04/17
I have no problem in accessing Fast in my phone
Posted by Dan Vis on 11/21/16 - Coach
Glad these tips are working. If someone has a problem or finds a simpler way to do it, please leave a comment. Want to make sure everyone can get this working! At some point, a nice short video would be good...
Posted by Diane Castanon on 11/18/16 - Coach
Your directions worked perfectly on my iPhone when I installed it at the beginning of November, and is still working great! Thanks! :)
Posted by Linda Gerace on 11/05/16
Wow, thanks. Mine worked differently, but I got it now.
Posted by Clara Peredo on 11/04/16
Much easier to get into the program faster. Thank you
Posted by Becky Rich on 11/04/16
Got it! Thanks
Posted by Lillian E. Cepeda on 11/04/16
Great. I got it! Thanks
Posted by Dan Vis on 11/03/16 - Coach
Great Darla! Glad you found it. Maybe this will help someone else find it as well. :)
Posted by Darla on 11/03/16
I see the problem. On my iPad the icon is in the top right corner, not the bottom of the page.
Posted by Darla on 11/03/16
I can't find the icon with a button to click. To me it's very confusing to find where I've been before. I keep trying.
Posted by Ransom Davis on 10/19/16
Hey this is pretty cool. Works great. A couple suggestions though: maybe you should have a few common buttons on the home screen of the mobile site, like the engine etc. Would make it easier to get to where you want faster. And second, it would be neat if there was someway you could put the verse you are currently working on somewhere on the home screen, then your phone could work a lot like a verse pack. Is that an option?

Join the Discussion!

Want to read more articles, or leave a comment of your own? Please login. Not yet a member? Why not join our community...